Download Free Assessment Tools & Measures
A selection of free, downloadable health tests and resources, intended primarily for professional use. The assessments here are not intended for self diagnosis - please consult with a professional if you have any concerns about your health.
Most assessments on this page are optimised for screen use. The majority are 'interactive PDF files' i.e. they will automatically score your results. Adobe Reader XI or better is recommended, other PDF readers may not work correctly. Some files are designated 'print versions' - these are designed for paper and pencil.
Scoring guides are available lower down the page. Please note - these assessments only work properly when downloaded to your computer and opened in Adobe Reader - they will not work correctly if opened in your browser!
Anxiety disorder assessments
- Anxiety Intake Assessment (295k PDF)
- GAD-7 Generalised Anxiety Disorder Scale (670k PDF) [Print Version]
- HAM-A Hamilton Anxiety Scale (520k PDF)
- HAI Health Anxiety Inventory (1.2Mb PDF)
- IES-R Impact of Events Scale - Revised (1.5Mb PDF)
- LSAS Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale
- Mobility Index for Agoraphobia (MIA) (25k PDF) [Print Version]
- OCI Obsessive-Compulsive Inventory (1.24Mb PDF) [Print Version]
- PDSS Panic Disorder Severity Scale (800k PDF)
- PSWQ Penn State Worry Questionnaire (450k PDF)
- SPIN Social Phobia Inventory (510k PDF - Updated 10-Nov-13)
- DASS-21 Depression, Anxiety & Stress Scales (495k PDF) [Print Version]
- DASS-42 Depression, Anxiety & Stress Scales (465k PDF)
- EPDS Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (275k PDF)
- Goldberg Depression Assessment
- HAM-D Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (650k PDF)
- PHQ-9 Patient Health Questionnaire (870k PDF) [Print Version]
- Zung SDS Zung Depression Scale (490k PDF)
Patient Health Questionnaires (not interactive)
- PHQ Comprehensive screening assessment (30k PDF)
- PHQ [Brief] (100k PDF)
- PHQ-2 (40k PDF)
- PHQ-4 Anxiety and depression screening (32k PDF)
- PHQ-9 Depression screening (40k PDF)
- PHQ-15 Somatisation questionnaire (18k PDF)
- PHQ-A Depression assessment for adolescents (28k PDF)
- PHQ-SADS Somatisation, anxiety, panic and depression (27k PDF)
- ACS Affective Control Scale (670k PDF)
- AUDIT Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test
- DERS Difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scale (print only, 500k PDF)
- DES Dissociative Experiences Scale (150k PDF)
- GAF Global Assessment of Functioning (290k PDF)
- IAPT Phobia Scale (270k PDF)
- mGAF (Modified Global Assessment of Funtioning) (20k PDF)
- PEQ IAPT Patient Experience Scale (270k PDF)
- Pierce Suicide Attempt Severity Rating Scale (680k PDF)
- PSM-14 Psychological Stress Measure
- Rosenberg Self Esteem Scale (325k PDF)
- Suicide Behaviours Questionnaire (45k PDF)
- SRRS Holmes-Rahe Social Readjustment Rating Scale (940k PDF)
- WSAS Work and Social Adjustment Scale (650k PDF)
- AUDIT Scoring and Interpretation Guide (175k PDF)
- DASS Scoring Instructions (200k PDF)
- DASS-21 scoring and analysis program (65k Zip File)
- PHQ and GAD-7 Scoring Instructions (140k PDF)
Please note: We have provided the above measures primarily for the convenience of practitioners in the IAPT programme.
Only a qualified health professional can make a diagnosis and will only do so after taking into account a wide range of factors.
A high score on the above assessments does not necessarily suggest the presence of a clinical condition such as depression or anxiety.
However, if you are concerned in any way about your results, please consult with a qualified health professional straight away.
If any measures are not attributed correctly, please notify the webmaster and they will be removed or amended immediately.
The DASS website provides additional downloads and scoring guides for the DASS-21 and DASS-42.
The CORE IMS website provides additional information and languages for the CORE measures and the CORE.net system.
The PHQ 'Screeners' website provides additional information and languages for the 'PHQ Screeners' range of questionnaires.
Click to download Acrobat Reader free of charge, if required. Acrobat Reader™ is pre-installed on most new computers.
Page last updated: Monday, January 4, 2016